The Classroom sessions are intensive workshops that covers the following areas:
- Basics Of Radio Presentation
- Understanding the different types of radio shows
- How to sign on and sign off (formatics)
- Identifying and interacting with listeners
- Techniques for interacting with listeners
- Rules and attitudes when broadcasting
- listening, analysis and correction of radio show presentation (Airchecks)
- Introduction To Radio Programming: This course will teach students how to prepare and schedule radio content and how to develop original content ideas.
- Types of Radio Content
- Choosing Music For Radio
- Radio Show Prep Essentials (Planning, Structure and Production
- Basic Structure of the Broadcast Interview
- Types of Interviews
- Research and Preparation
- Talk Radio Interview techniques
- Ethics of broadcast interviews
- Introduction To Podcasting:
- Audio Equipment for Your Podcast
- Audio Recording/Editing Software for Podcasting
- Podcast Web-hosting Companies
- Uploading Your Podcast
- RSS Feeds
- Publicizing Your Podcast
- Introduction To Radio Imaging Software
- Setting up a Simple Online Radio Station
- Social Media For Broadcasters
- Social Media Content Research Methods
- Social Media audience engagement methods
- Integrating social media in programing and scheduling
- Social Media Ethics
- Fact Checking Techniques
- practical exercises
Duration: Four Saturdays
5 HOURS (Including time for class work and questions)
How BRMC Training Works
Because every BRMC Student has a unique schedule with varying degrees of availability, classes are reserved for Saturdays only and assignments are given for each student to complete in their own time during the week. Study materials are received by email.
You’ll read and watch training materials at your convenience, and complete short assignments.
Information learned from completed assignments will immediately be applied to the weekly mock radio show you record
Your mentor will have a review session with you to discuss and critique your radio show, and offer you pointers to practice.
You will observe how live radio is produced and presented, and serve as an apprentice to your mentor in various aspects at the radio station.